All you want and need to know.

Tabela zawartości


Documents and Regulations

Rules of Residence

When can I move into the Unibase dormitory?

Accommodation is possible on the first day of the lease agreement. You have the opportunity to move in earlier, but it must be previously agreed and approved by the administrative office by phone or email. You can pick up the keys around the clock at the reception.

Is it possible to see the room and the entire facility prior to signing the agreement?

Of course. Our team will be happy to show you around the dorm and answer all your rental questions. However, we recommend that you call in advance to arrange a room viewing.

Can I change my room?

Yes. However, the change can only be made locally by selected people working in the office or reception if we still have available places.

Can I book a room with a specific person (even of a different gender)?

Of course. When booking a place in a double room, tick the box: I want to book with another person (in the case of a three-person room, with a second and third person). You will be asked to enter their e-mail address or mobile phone number; they will receive a booking code to be used during their own reservation. Thanks to this code, the person will be assigned to your room. The code is valid for 3 days, that is, the person must make a reservation before that time.

How is the automatic allocation to rooms being made?

Allocation to rooms is based on the selection of a co-inhabitant in terms of gender compliance, length of registration and university.

When will I receive confirmation of reservation in the dormitory?

At the time of your payment, an e-mail will be sent to your e-mail address confirming the payment and reservation of a place in the dormitory. When paying online, you will receive confirmation of payment automatically, while with bank transfer, it may take up to a week.

What documents are needed?

A signed lease agreement, passport or ID card and a document that will confirm your student status. * In the case of a minor, the rental agreement MUST be signed in advance by the parent or legal guardian.

How often do I have to make payments?

The rent should be paid by the 8th of the month.

How can I pay for the room?

You can pay at the reception by cash or credit card as well as by bank transfer or online payment.

How can I make a reservation?

Just click on the BOOK button and follow the instructions.

Who can live in Unibase?

The Unibase dormitory is open to adults, who are studying or will be studying at one of Cracow's universities and will complete the necessary formalities related to renting a dormitory. Minors are allowed to live in the dormitory only with the indication of a legal guardian and upon presentation of documents of admission to one of the Cracow universities, completing the necessary formalities related to rental.

Who signs the lease agreement?

The lease agreement is signed by a person of legal age who wants to live in the dormitory. In the case of a minor, the contract is signed by a legal guardian.

Can I sub-let my room during my absence?

No. It is not allowed to sub-let to third parties.

Can I move out earlier?

Yes. However, according to the rental agreement, you are required to pay the rent and additional fees for the entire rental period.

What is included in the rental price?

• rent • water • electricity • heating • change of bed linen and towels every 2 weeks • cleaning of common areas • WIFI • security and monitoring

Is a deposit required? Will I get it back after I move out?

After finalizing the booking process, we require a deposit of two months’ rent. The deposit is kept for the entire rental period of the lease. While moving out, we check the condition of the room and sign the protocol of the room. If we do not find any damage, we will return you the full deposit within 2 weeks after the end of the lease agreement. If the condition of the room is not the same as at the beginning, the next steps may include renovation and modernization. If the room is ok, you will get the whole deposit back.

Can I terminate a tenancy agreement?

No. The agreement is signed for a fixed-term period of time.

For what period is the lease agreement signed?

In the Unibase dorm, we give you the choice of 2 rental periods: 11 months (01/09 – 30/07 next year), Whole year - 12 months (01/09 – 30/08 next year).

Can I decorate a room, for example with pictures on the walls?

No, the room can not be disturbed by driving, screwing or sticking various elements. If you break the wall structure, you will have to bear the cost of the repair.

What should I do if something breaks down in the room or common areas?

Immediately inform the administration of the dorm. Do not repair anything on your own.

What should I do if there are any problems at Unibase?

During the week, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, you can visit the administration staff. At other times and on weekends, go to the reception and inform the porter about the problem.

Is it allowed to return to the dormitory at any time?

Yes. The entrance door closes automatically, but you will have a magnetic card that will allow you to enter the dorm at any time. Additionally, the dormitory has 24/7 security and monitoring, so in emergency situations, the door can also be opened by a porter.

Is it allowed to organize parties in the dormitory?

No. We care about the quality of life of our residents and we want to respect their comfort.


There is a total ban on possession and use of illegal drugs.

Can I keep my pet in the dormitory?

Unfortunately, we do not agree to have pets in Unibase.

Is it allowed to drink alcohol in the dormitory?

In the common parts of Unibase, it is not allowed to drink alcohol.

Is smoking allowed in the dormitory?

There is a strict non-smoking policy throughout the Unibase building. Smoking is only allowed outside.

Is the cleaning service included in the rental price?

The rental price includes cleaning of all common areas in the dormitory. The tenant is responsible for cleaning the room. The bathrooms are also cleaned once a week, but this is a service that is not included in the monthly rent.

Is there a curfew in the dormitory?

All residents are obliged to obey the quiet hours from 22:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m

Can I have a guest in the Unibase dormitory?

Yes, having guests in the dormitory is allowed. However, you must remember that you are fully responsible for them. During the week, visiting hours end at 22:00, and on weekends at 23:00.

Can I bring my own furniture?

No. The rooms are fully equipped with functional furniture.

What should I bring to the dorm, and what does Unibase provide?

Unibase provides bed linen and towels to every inhabitant. You need to bring your own kitchen utensils, crockery and cutlery as well as private things that you need.